Options

Report 206 RTC layout

wilk_uwilk_u Member Posts: 94
edited 2012-02-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
currently I'm trying to make a rtc layout for rep 206, with the same look as classic version. I read the ms course about reports, it shows an example of rtc layout, but just a part of it :/ also some code examples there give errors in visual studio. Did anybody try to make that layout and maybe have some hints, solutions?
Thank You for Your time.

Comments

• Options
    julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,073
    wilk_u wrote:
    Hi,
    currently I'm trying to make a rtc layout for rep 206, with the same look as classic version. I read the ms course about reports, it shows an example of rtc layout, but just a part of it :/ also some code examples there give errors in visual studio. Did anybody try to make that layout and maybe have some hints, solutions?
    Thank You for Your time.
    design.... view layout
    RTC layout already there
  • Options
    thmartinthmartin Member Posts: 90
    julkifli33 wrote:
    design.... view layout
    RTC layout already there

Have a look at the existing RDLC layout for report 206 and start from there.
    As far as I am concerned you do not get much closer to get the RTC report working like the Classic one.
    Thomas Martin
    NAV Developer
  • Options
    julkifli33 wrote:
    wilk_u wrote:
    Hi,
    Thank You for Your time.
    design.... view layout
    RTC layout already there

i wish it looks like the classic one, but its not :/
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Have you done any modifications to classic report?
  • Options
    No, I just want to make rtc layout same as classic. Create layout suggestion doesn't help in this case
  • Options
    Create layout suggestion will create only 10-20% of layout..
    we have to modify the layout to make it to 100%.
  • Options
    thmartinthmartin Member Posts: 90
    Create Layout <-> View Layout

By using Create Layout you overwrite the existing layout.
    Thomas Martin
    NAV Developer
  • Options
    View layout is empty.

Ok, I found some examples from other countries distributions.. but now I can't run them in rtc through run command. It says metadata is in failed state because it can't find object report xxx. I changed name and id of imported report through text mode in notepad, it imports with no problems but I can.t run it. Restarting nav server service doesn't help. Any ideas? Thank You
  • Options
  • Options
    i think you accidentaly delete the layout
    my suggestion is .... you export from standard nav database
    it will be easier for you
  • Options
    julkifli33 wrote:

In polish version of nav there isn't layout for report 206, according to ms..
  • Options
    Create layout suggestion will create only 10-20% of layout..
    we have to modify the layout to make it to 100%.
    :thumbsup:

Before that check whether your object is modified for your local version or not.

if not, you can directly import report from W1 version..

If yes, you can merge the rdlc data from W1 version and add your localization changes to report.
  • Options
    wilk_u wrote:
    julkifli33 wrote:

but can you use other version?
  • Options
    julkifli33 wrote:
    wilk_u wrote:
    julkifli33 wrote:

but can you use other version?
    what do you mean by other version? or country?
  • Options
    CaponeCapone Member Posts: 125
    If you came here to find out why some reports are missing layout data you problably have figured out that certain country versions of 2009 R2 does not contain layout data for some reports by default.

Before you start downloading different country versions in hope to find a country version that has it by default you should check the Local Regulatory Updates for your country (locatedo on the same download page). At least there is where you can find it for the Swedish version.
    Hello IT, have you tried to turn it off and on?
    Have you checked the cables?
    Have you released the filters?

http://www.navfreak.com
  • Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    Several countries version do not have RDLC created, so here only Classic fallback is supported from RTC. This is of course not optimal, but I have heard many partners copying over the W1 version RDLC layount into their country version and then modified the layout to apply to their contry version. This of course requires some work, but much easier than creating the RDLC layout from scratch if Classic fallback is not sufficient.

Notice that I have applied the New Report UX Guidelines to the W1 report 206, so you might want to download this from here(Attached in the zip file): http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/2012/01/31/new-report-ux-guidelines.aspx

/Claus
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)