Runtime Error

lloydsmodslloydsmods Member Posts: 93
We are upgrading a client from NAV 2009 SP1 to R2. Here's what the client reported:
However, when trying to go from the test company to the live company, I was kicked out. When reopening I could get into the live company, make the changes to a set up that I needed to and when switching back to the test company I got the attached run time error. When I click okay on the error, I get kicked out.

runtime_error.jpg

We have a copy of the client's database set up on a local server, and I can reproduce the error, but only if I change companies and then open the Object Designer using Tools > Object Designer. Shift+F12 does not cause the error.

When you click OK, you get the "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic Client executable for SQL server has stopped working" window with the option to check online for a solution or close the program.

Viewing the problem details reveals this:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: finsql.exe
Application Version: 6.0.32012.0
Application Timestamp: 4d030bb8
Fault Module Name: finsql.exe
Fault Module Version: 6.0.32012.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d030bb8
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 00314521
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.274.10
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: b239
Additional Information 2: b239f3ee67610f042ee28bda3dc9f35f
Additional Information 3: 363a
Additional Information 4: 363a8217dca08a79a40a602bf13d91ff

Has anyone ever seen this? I never have. I found a post that suggested that there might be a call to a table that has not been compiled. I re-compiled all the objects and this error still happens.
If guns cause crime mine must be defective.

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    How do you switch the company? I mean by Ctrl+O or File -> Company -> Open or select one of the last opened Companies in the File Menu?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • lloydsmodslloydsmods Member Posts: 93
    All three. It doesn't matter which you do, the error always occurs.
  • matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    lloydsmods wrote:
    We are upgrading a client from NAV 2009 SP1 to R2. Here's what the client reported:
    However, when trying to go from the test company to the live company, I was kicked out. When reopening I could get into the live company, make the changes to a set up that I needed to and when switching back to the test company I got the attached run time error. When I click okay on the error, I get kicked out.

runtime_error.jpg

We have a copy of the client's database set up on a local server, and I can reproduce the error, but only if I change companies and then open the Object Designer using Tools > Object Designer. Shift+F12 does not cause the error.

When you click OK, you get the "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic Client executable for SQL server has stopped working" window with the option to check online for a solution or close the program.

Viewing the problem details reveals this:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: finsql.exe
    Application Version: 6.0.32012.0
    Application Timestamp: 4d030bb8
    Fault Module Name: finsql.exe
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.32012.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4d030bb8
    Exception Code: 40000015
    Exception Offset: 00314521
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.274.10
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: b239
    Additional Information 2: b239f3ee67610f042ee28bda3dc9f35f
    Additional Information 3: 363a
    Additional Information 4: 363a8217dca08a79a40a602bf13d91ff

Has anyone ever seen this? I never have. I found a post that suggested that there might be a call to a table that has not been compiled. I re-compiled all the objects and this error still happens.

Hi

Try with the lastest Classic Client public Build (6.0.32519)
    You can download it from partnersource.

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • lloydsmodslloydsmods Member Posts: 93
    I think I tracked down the problem. My client has a "splash" screen that loads when you log into NAV. It has their logo, and support contact info, and the version info of the partner vertical that is installed. This is launched with a timer that closes the form after a few seconds.
    TimerOn := TRUE;
    SplashScreen.SetTimer(TimerOn);
    SplashScreen.RUN;

If you comment out the second line with the SetTimer call, the error does not occur.

The SetTimer function in the SplashScreen form:
    SetTimer(VAR ParTimerOn : Boolean)
    TImerOn := ParTimerOn

Form - OnTimer()
    IF TImerOn THEN
      CurrForm.CLOSE;

The TimerInterval property is set to "3000".

Anybody see the problem here?
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    As far as I see, you don't need that timer-trick.

Try this code:
    FORM.RUN("Splash Screen");

Form - OnTimer()
      CurrForm.CLOSE;

BTW: I think that the crash comes because you use a form-variable in C1. You initiate the variable but don't clear it afterwards. When C1 finishes and is cleared but the other object-variable isn't cleared, sometimes this makes NAV crash starting with NAV2009 and up. I have seen this behaviour in forms that run another object using a object-variable and those objects using another object-variable. The fix was to clean the lowest variable after use. Another fix was to put ERROR(''); at then end but this is not always possible.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!