Displaying .NET winform on a NAV subform

pedgaardpedgaard Member Posts: 24
Hi everybody,

I have for some time been toying around with creating some DLL files in Visual Studio Express in C#/VB.NET and have been able to make a "Hello World" example that can be registered on the system, and called from an automation variable in C/SIDE. Yipiee! :D
My inspiration for this playful time was found when trying out this download:
http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=521

I have also been able to create a DLL that includes a winform, and been able to get it to open in Navision (code in "Hello World" that opens the winform).
I would like instead of it opening as a new generic window, that it opens the winform within the current NAV subform.

The entire Internet has been carefully searched for clues and hints, but I cannot get forward now. Perhaps lacking skills in .NET development, but it does not stop me from trying. I have a feeling it is probably something very simple. My goal is ultimately to build a DLL that uses Adobe controls to display a .PDF file, and then display this PDF within a NAV subform. Hope anyone can shed some more light on what to do, as it seems not many have used visible controls embedded on NAV forms before.

Kind regards,
Povl