planning worksheet "due date" calculation

MrsM1gginsMrsM1ggins Member Posts: 2
I'm having a problem with planning in 5.0 SP1 and I'm not sure if it's a NAV issue or a setup issue somewhere.

When I run the planning worksheet I am seeing suggested transfer orders which I do not expect. I have traced the 'issue' back to the base calendar and whether or not "yesterday" is a nonworking day. If it is, I get an unexpected result in the planning worksheet.

Scenario:
Item A in stock in location BLUE qty 10
SKU for item A at location RED is replenished via TRANSFER from location BLUE. Transfer route is set up but there are no shipping agent details/times entered. Inventory at location RED=0.
Demand for qty 1 on a service order: posting date on line is 13th July; location RED.

If I calculate the plan it suggests a transfer of qty 1 from BLUE to RED. This is correct. However, if "yesterday" is a nonworking day then the 'due date' on the planning worksheet line is today and the 'receipt date' on the transfer order is also today once it is created. If these dates are allowed to populate through and I ship the transfer order then rerunning the planning worksheet leads to another suggestion to create a transfer order to satisfy the same demand. This suggestion is repeated until the day rolls over or the transfer order is received.

If yesterday is a working day then the 'due date' on the planning worksheet line is yesterday and the 'receipt date' on the transfer order is the same so I don't get the repeating transfer suggestion.

My understanding is that demand in the frozen zone should be treated as follows:
"If the initial available inventory is below zero, the planning system suggests an emergency supply order on the day before the planning period to cover the missing quantity."

Any idea why my system isn't counting back past the nonworking days to determine "the day before"?