How Set stylesheet in Microsoft Dynamics Nav 5.0

lastgentleman76lastgentleman76 Member Posts: 7
Hi everybody:

I need your help in this problem, I am user of Microsoft Dynamics Nav 5.0 but when I want export data from Nav to excel by clicking on the icon, the program gives a message like this: "There is no default stylesheet for the program you are exporting to".
I do not know how set this feature in Nav, I know it need to have some files .xml for to do it, and the program has it, because I watched the files are in the folder called "Stylesheets" inside the folder "Cside client" but I can't Activate this feature. May anybody help me with this please?

I thank you very much for your help and excuse me for my English (I am learning this language), I hope you can understand me.

:cry::cry::|

Comments

• rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    Hi:

Style sheets are required for the Export to Excel to work weren't always installed when you install NAV 5.0, but you should be able to import them.

1. Log into NAV as an Administrator/SUPER user

2. Click "Tools","Manage Style Sheets"

3. At the top of the window, click the button next to "Style Sheets common to All Forms" - the table entries listed will probably be blank - you should NOT see one with the "Send-to Program" of "Microsoft Excel". If you do, you have a different problem.

4. Click the "Functions" button at the bottom and choose "Import".

5. The style sheet templates should be in your NAV installation folder on your local drive. Note that the actual directory name may be different. Look for a folder called "Stylesheets", e.g.
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\50\Cside Client\Stylesheets

6. There should be a file called "NavisionFormToExcel.xslt". Chose that file. When returned to the import program, the "name" field should be the file name and the "Send to Program" field should be "Microsoft Excel".

7. Click OK to import the stylesheet

8. Verify that there is now a line for Microsoft Excel in the "Manage Style Sheets" form.

You should now be able to use the "Send to Excel" button.

You can do the same for the "NavisionFormToWord" style sheet

If you cannot find the style sheets on your local installation, you can find them on the install DVD or send me a message and I can send them to you.

Good luck
    Ron
  • lastgentleman76lastgentleman76 Member Posts: 7
    Hi rsaritzky:

Thank very much for your answer, in my Dynamics Nav I can see activated the the option "Manage Style Sheets" inside the menu "Tools", unfortunately when I click on it does nothing, so I think I am not an administrator user and I haven't permissions for make changes like this.

Any way, I thank you very much for your help and I hope I can learn a lot about Dynamics Nav because I am starting learn to develop in this aplication and this website is wonderful.

Regards from Mexico