Property PermanentAssist Bug?

einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
Hi guys,

is there a bug at the Property PermanentAssist? Its default value is <Yes>, but when I set one of the Properties Lookup, DrillDown, AssistEdit or DropDown or put some code into one of the corresponding triggers the field control is still displayed like a normal control. And when take a look at the DropDown List of the Property itself you will see that No is the first Option and Yes is the second. Only when you explicit set it to Yes the control is displayed in the right way.

This belongs to 2009 SP1 and 2009 R2.

Btw, why can't I search for the word PermanentAssist in the search of the forum?
"Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Hi guys,

is there a bug at the Property PermanentAssist? Its default value is <Yes>, but when I set one of the Properties Lookup, DrillDown, AssistEdit or DropDown or put some code into one of the corresponding triggers the field control is still displayed like a normal control. And when take a look at the DropDown List of the Property itself you will see that No is the first Option and Yes is the second. Only when you explicit set it to Yes the control is displayed in the right way.

This belongs to 2009 SP1 and 2009 R2.
    This is normal behaviour. "<Yes>" is NOT the same as "Yes"! The "<xxxx>" value means the inherited value. And that value can be "No". (try with No in Editable in the table and "<Yes>" in editable on the form. The field will NOT be editable.

Btw, why can't I search for the word PermanentAssist in the search of the forum?
    What do you mean? I tried it and it works. But I only found your topic. Probably no one ever asked about it.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    kriki wrote:
    This is normal behaviour. "<Yes>" is NOT the same as "Yes"! The "<xxxx>" value means the inherited value. And that value can be "No". (try with No in Editable in the table and "<Yes>" in editable on the form. The field will NOT be editable.
    I thought the brackets mean "default value". I know about the behaviour of the Editable property. Imho that is correct because the table property is of a higher level. But PermanentAssist isn't a property of the table field. Where do you think it inherits its value from?

kriki wrote:
    What do you mean? I tried it and it works. But I only found your topic. Probably no one ever asked about it.
    When I tried to search for the word "PermanentAssist" I got an error message and the word was ignored. Anyway, now it works.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    kriki wrote:
    I thought the brackets mean "default value". I know about the behaviour of the Editable property. Imho that is correct because the table property is of a higher level. But PermanentAssist isn't a property of the table field. Where do you think it inherits its value from?
    From some of the other properties.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    hmmm.... doesn't make sense to me.