how to create another currency factor in sales header ?

julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
hi all i want to create one more currency factor in sales header
let say currency factor 2
in GL setup i create lcy code 2

for example : lcy code is USD and lcy code 2 is AUD
then when i create transaction using SGD it should be like this :
currency factor --> currency exchange rate from currency code and lcy code (this one is nav standard)
currency factor 2 --> currency exchange rate from currency code and lcy code 2

and if currency code blank means :
currency factor = 0
currency factor 2 --> currency exchange rate from lcy code and lcy code 2

how to add this?
i really confused
thanks before

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    You can't have two local currencies, makes no sense...
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    not 2 local currencies
    but 1 local currency and 1 let say company currency
    julkifli33 wrote:
    not 2 local currencies

Makes no sense either...

If you want to compare the local currency with an additional one you have the standard NAV option of the Additional Reporting Currency.
    rhpnt wrote:
    julkifli33 wrote:
    not 2 local currencies

Makes no sense either...

If you want to compare the local currency with an additional one you have the standard NAV option of the Additional Reporting Currency.

this additional reporting currency, we cannot edit the gst amount (ACY)
    and it only provide for purchase... not sales
  • DevendraSharmaDevendraSharma Member Posts: 23
    hi,

i know it's not standard process and also non sense task but u can use like that..

because your second currency is fix so u can get it's from table OnInsert() tigger
    GeneralLedgerSetup.get();
    "lcy code 2" :=GeneralLedgerSetup."LCY Code2";

after this you can get your currency factor for table (id 330 ) Currency Exchange function "RateExchangeRate" by passing currency code and date.

if you share your problem in brief. you can get standard process beside of this.
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hello,

in the Sales Header/Lines, you have "three" currencies:

Currency as in Currency Code: the currency of the transaction, defined in the sales header.
    Local Currency: The currency of the company G/L. It is defined in the G/L Setup. The currency factor in the Sales Header is the exchange rate to LCY.
    Additional Currency: The additional reporting currency of the company G/L. It is also defined in the G/L Setup. Values in ACY are not shown in the sales document, however when ACY is defined, all resulting G/L and Item ledger entries will have values in this currency. The exchange rate is also not shown in the sales header.
    So in this case you have the transaction currency (in the document), amounts and a currency factor to LCY (also in the document), LCY amounts (in the document and the ledger entries) and ACY amounts (only in the ledger entries). The coupling between LCY and ACY via currency factor is defined by the exchange rates table at posting time, and cannot be changed per document. I would also say it shouldn't, this would require some changes in the posting routines.

with best regards

Jens
    jglathe wrote:
    Hello,

in the Sales Header/Lines, you have "three" currencies:

Currency as in Currency Code: the currency of the transaction, defined in the sales header.
    Local Currency: The currency of the company G/L. It is defined in the G/L Setup. The currency factor in the Sales Header is the exchange rate to LCY.
    Additional Currency: The additional reporting currency of the company G/L. It is also defined in the G/L Setup. Values in ACY are not shown in the sales document, however when ACY is defined, all resulting G/L and Item ledger entries will have values in this currency. The exchange rate is also not shown in the sales header.
    So in this case you have the transaction currency (in the document), amounts and a currency factor to LCY (also in the document), LCY amounts (in the document and the ledger entries) and ACY amounts (only in the ledger entries). The coupling between LCY and ACY via currency factor is defined by the exchange rates table at posting time, and cannot be changed per document. I would also say it shouldn't, this would require some changes in the posting routines.

with best regards

Jens

Hi Jens,
    thanks for the explanation
    but when i create the sales invoice transaction
    and then preview the statistics.... i cannot see the ACY
    unless i modified the form (which they block visible if it is from sales)
    even i can see after i modified, still i cannot edit...
    i thought ACY is only for purchase

what i want is....
    for example i'm using USD as my LCY Code
    currency code in transaction is AUD
    but i also want to know.... how much is my transaction, in... let's say CAD
    in this case i should put CAD as my ACY
    but i don't how it works....
    and is it stored in GL ?
    thanks
    At least do read the NAV on line help for this topic (additional reporting currency). Then setup a test db, make some postings, analyze the data, rethink and reevaluate the request with your management/customer. That's all you can do right now.