Nav Client not getting the modified version of a report

fazlehasanfazlehasan Member Posts: 69
Usually we delete ZUP file in the client machine when we see that any client is facing problem with any object which is recently modified. In the client machine sometimes older version of the object is used instead of the newer version, ZUP file did not get automatically updated: reason unknow.

Today when I have faced a problem like this and deleted the ZUP file, this did not resolve the problem. Other clients are getting a report which is modified recently, but one client is getting the older version. Deleted the zup file, Unistalled and Installed NAV, but did not improve the situation. We are using NAV 5SP1.

Please give me some suggestion what to do.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    When you import a new object, it is enough to close the database and re-open it (it is easier to explain to the users to close NAV and re-open it).
    It is not necessary to delete the zup-file.

I would check these:
    -First: has the user closed NAV since the import of the fob? I have some doubts about this one!
    -Is the user connected to the correct database?
    -Is the user really using that report or another report that looks very alike (and has NOT been changed).

BTW: don't trust what the user says. ONLY trust what you see the user does. A lot of times users say they do something, but they do something else.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• fazlehasanfazlehasan Member Posts: 69
    Thanks for your suggestions.

We deleted ZUP file
    Uninstall NAV and reinstall NAV
    Restarted the client machine

When restarted the machine and logged in again with windows authentication
    still this client is getting the older version of the object

Is the older object is cached somewhere other then in ZUP file
    Is it a problem with NAV or OS or RAM problem (user has 2GB RAM)
    I am not sure.

If you have any farther thought please share.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    kriki wrote:
    Is the user connected to the correct database?
    -Is the user really using that report or another report that looks very alike (and has NOT been changed).

File->Database->Open

are the settings the same as the other machines?
  • fazlehasanfazlehasan Member Posts: 69
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    This error could be resolved by changing the privilege of the concern user’s domain user account; the account was erroneously in debugger group instead of Administrator group according to the System Administrator.
    So after changing the group and uninstalling and installing NAV, System Administrator could resolve the problem.