Intercompany Postings - Receivables and Payables

almhansenalmhansen Member Posts: 117
I am testing how the intercompany posting works when processing a purchase invoice (Company A) and allocating a part of it to an ICP (Company B). I see the journal entries on Company A to the expense account and the appropriate A/R account that I've set up, but it doesn't show up in the customer card for that intercompany partner (or the aged reports). I then also need to be able to do a payment on Company B and a deposit on Company A, but I don't have anything to apply it against.

I have not yet gone thru the intercompany workings to place a purchase order to sales order to sales invoice to purchase invoice. One thing at a time.

Comments

• PottsPotts Member Posts: 2
    I can't help you with the 'part allocation' bit - but I am going through the IC for regular purchase order>sales order>shipment>receipt>invoice scenario. I have been able to get the purchase order pushed through into the selling company. Then I 'shipped and invoiced' the sales order producing an Outbox message that I processed. After receiving the Inbox message in the purchasing company, NAV creates a separate and unrelated purchase invoice. (That is un-related to teh original PO.)
    I remember this is a long standing problem and I thought you should be aware.
    It is also raised by other Mibuso subscribers - look for 'Intercompany PO's and Inventory receipts' in the forum.