Options

Problems after Navision Financial 2.60B moved to SQL Server

DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
edited 2011-07-24 in Navision Financials
Hello,

I have recently migrated a Navision Financial 2.60B database to SQL Server 200 SP3 with 2.60C executables, navision objects are not changed. Now while posting Cash Receipt Journal etc. system gives error related to inconsistency, whereas same task is being done on native.

If any of you know its reason, then please share it.

While in 4.x onwards version, when editing a codeunit, we might get error that you don't have permission to edit code but in this version system gives error that you don't have permission to write in Table x etc. Any ideas on this?
-Dhan Raj Bansal
Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It looks like problems with rounding...

The permissions: aren't you editing some codeunit with indirect permissions to protected tables and you are using wrong license whcih have no write access to this table? Like editing CU 80 with application builder license and not solution developer?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    kine wrote:
    It looks like problems with rounding...

Seems that is the reason, but how to solve it?

Regarding license: It is a developer license which works properly on version 4.x onwards, but not working well on NF 2.60C, can this be the case?
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Solution depends on real source of the problem... and to know the source, you need to find why there is the inconsistency...

Regarding permissions: some versions of NAV used on SQL had problem that even when NAV wanted to read from empty table, you needed to have permissions for this table. It means, iven the module was not "activated" (no setup etc.) you needed to have permissions for NAV to check that there is no record to read (native DB had no problem with this...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.