Job scheduler error handling

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
hi everyone, i tried to search the web for this, but i have not found my answer. that will probably be a simple "no, not possible". :mrgreen:
btw, let's go with the question.
Scenario: there's a job scheduler which periodically runs a codeunit that runs objects (in our case reports, other codeunits, dataports...).
I have a particular report that simply does something like this, no reqform, no parameters, the report is run through REPORT.RUN(number,false,false):
Onaftergetrecord
If codeunit.run(mytable) then; //archive mytable in another table and then deletes mytable
commit;
the first instruction normally avoid the errors (and it works correctly if we run the report manually), but if i put the codeunit as a job of the job scheduler it doesn't work, that is: the first error stops the job, and no document is processed.
If i try to process only those documents that i know they are processed without errors, the job works smoothly (obviously).
i can write some lines of code to test possible errors before they happen, but the "IF codeunit.run" method is easier,smarter and faster... :cry:
thanks in advance
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Why not run a codeunit in Jobscheduler instead of a codeunit and that codeunit does IF CODEUNIT.RUN(....) THEN ; ?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    yes, i'm investingating about this possibility, because this JS is a modified copy of the standard...so, there are no known issues about the approach, isn't it?
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    The IF CODEUNIT.RUN THEN should work fine as far as I know.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    well, it's working but i have to make my way in the existing JS...it has not been designed to support my approach smoothly (i still don't have seen the whole JS program, it was not developed by me).
    Anyway, this is another story, problem solved, thanks
    -Mirko-
    My Blog