Options

Filtering Account Schedule Matrix page using "Matrix Columns

knmknm Member Posts: 170
edited 2011-07-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I'm currently creating a Trial Balance report (a summary report with Beginning Balance, Debit, Credit, and Ending Balance) using the Account Schedule Summary in NAV2009 R2.

In this Matrix list page, is it possible to filter the entries using one or multiple "Matrix Columns"? (in this case will be Beginning Balance, Debit, Credit, and Ending Balance).
My ultimate goal is to filter the list page, so that I can remove the entries where the balances are all zero.

I have the option to do this if I'm printing the "Account Schedule" report using the "Show" option of "If Any Column Not Zero", but I'd like to know if there is such an option for Matrix.

I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Kenji

Comments

• Options
    Just wondering if nobody ever encountered this issue, or request from customer.
    If it's not possible to do so, I would greatly appreciate if you can give me suggestions on available alternatives on Account Schedule report that can be exported to Excel (hiding zero rows).

Thank you.

Kenji
  • Options
    AndrewBSmithAndrewBSmith Member Posts: 1
    I'm somewhat new to NAV so my apologies if I'm misunderstanding the question. I recently did a matrix report sorted by month column and I wished to hide months columns that didn't have data in them, rows without data were handled with the CurrReport.SKIP. Column headers in this particular report were dynamic as the report could be run over any sequence of months.

All I did there was create an array of booleans HideColumn[max number of columns] and when I was parsing through my data I had the opportunity to check to see if a given month had data and could set the boolean. On the layout all I did was set the visible flag on the column to the boolean. I don't know if there's a way to check the column during runtime to see if there is data present.
  • Options
    Hi Andrew,

Actually, instead of report, I was talking about the "Acc. Schedule Overview Matrix" page (9235).
    If I were using an RTC report, then I would be taking the steps that you had described.
    And also, I was trying to hide the row, not the column.

With this information, do you have any idea on how to achieve this?
    I have been trying but am still unsuccessful.

Kenji
  • Options
    FaulconFaulcon Member Posts: 19
    I'm curious to hear if anyone has been successful with this too.

I tried putting Rec.MARK in the OnAfterGetRecord trigger when three columns were all <> 0 then doing a manual update on the page after setting MARKEDONLY but because the control doesn't pull back a full recordset it checks the first few records, finds none that have a value and then blanks the entire subform.