Options

ShowAsTree in Repeater

Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
edited 2011-07-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hi guys!

Could anyone explain how to use correctly the ShowAsTree property in a repeater in RTC.
I'm trying to create something similar to the standard Average Cost Calc. Overview but I really got stuck.
For example I wasn't able to show the toggle to hide/collapse rows...
I'm not asking for a step by step guide because it isn't the right place, maybe some guidelines...

Many Thx!
~Rik~
It works as expected... More or Less...

Comments

• Options
    ~Rik~
  • Options
    beranberan Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 80
    Yes indeed the show as tree pages are a bit tricky. The tree structure is in our house referred to as Sorting/Indentation. Filtering can currently be done but we have considerred to remove the ability since you might get weird behavior as shown in the MSDN article mentioned above.

I prefer to have parent/child the definition of the tree structure but the sorting/indentation definition might be a more obvious approach for other people. We have considered a calculation for the parent based on sorting/indentation in which case the client/server it self can use the parent/child relation to build the tree structure.
    Eric Beran
    Software Design Engineer II
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    beran wrote:
    Yes indeed the show as tree pages are a bit tricky. The tree structure is in our house referred to as Sorting/Indentation. Filtering can currently be done but we have considerred to remove the ability since you might get weird behavior as shown in the MSDN article mentioned above.

In fact, when I tried to apply filters to manage the structure of the tree I got weird behavior.
    Every time I did an hide/collpase the list lost one or more records till in the list no one remains.
    I've to study it better and find if there's another option to ShowAsTree...

Thx for replay.
    ~Rik~