Sales report cannot reconcile with detail TB sales G/L

blurfish_tblurfish_t Member Posts: 2
Hi I'm using NAV 5 W1 and coming from manufacturing industry.

Recently my users request a weekly sales report by customer and i offer them a navision std report named "Customer - Sales List" for a summary and they can refer to Sales(LCY) column at Customer Card->Customer button->Sales to acquire more info on how the report figures derived. However, we notice that this sales figure also include Prepayment Invoices which is very confusing. My sales users are having difficulty to reconcile the sales figure with my finance users which are using detail TB report. May i know the exact definition of "Sales" across Navision? It startled me as Navision treat downpayment as sales as well.

Comments

• raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    In the process on reconciling, I suggest to go through the setups first. I mean the G/L Account configurations for all the sales postings. If you are clear with that, then I guess you can get a answer for your question.
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • ivankoleticivankoletic Member Posts: 27
    If you want to handle customer deposits, which are more common for companies dealing with good, I don't think NAV prepayments are good choice here.
    Reason for that is that customer deposits should be handled differently than how NAV prepayments are doing it now. They should reside on liabilties account not on your revenue account (Sales Prepayments Account)...
    This leads to problems in reconciling with GL ...

However, way to separate prepayments from Sales (LCY) amounts is to add Prepayment = No filter on Sales (LCY) flow field. You'll also need to modify the report (probably CalculateAmtOfSaleLCY() function to exclude prepayments as well).

Also please have a look at prepayments white paper published by MS.
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/deployment/documentation/whitepapers/MSDNAV20095SP1PPmtsWP.htm

It list some of most common misconceptions on NAV prepayments and known issues.
    Regards,
    Ivan Koletic