cross references

kanikakanika Member Posts: 247
please, I need information about cross references

thanks!!

Answers

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Can you be more specific in your request?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    From the on-line help:
    You can use the Item Cross-Reference table to set up cross references for an item.
    Depending upon the type of item cross reference, the program can use the cross-reference number to automatically retrieve the item number used by your company.
    A cross reference can be any reference to an item in your inventory. For example, it can be a bar code or a code used by a vendor or a customer.

Cross-Reference Type Field
    This field contains the type of the cross-reference entry.
    You can select a cross-reference type when you click the AssistButton to the right of the field.
    The options are:

Blank
    You can enter any cross-reference number and use it to identify the item.

Customer
    The cross-reference number is a number used by a customer.

Vendor
    The cross-reference number is a number used by a vendor.

Bar Code
    The cross-reference number is a bar code that identifies the item.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • kanikakanika Member Posts: 247
    I have cross references type vendor and customer (created from customer card and vendor card) but the program not use it automatically. Into the sales line I must click and manually to choose it.
    I hope you understand my explanation.
    thanks!
    That's how it's supposed to work. When entering sales or purchase lines, you select Type Item and fill in the Cross-Reference No. field. Then NAV will lookup which Item No. is associated, and fill in the "No." field.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    OK!!
    I thought that cross references worked like that: if I choose (in sales line for example) an Item with cross references to customer, automatically into the field cross references I could see the reference without do click an choose it.
    But I see that's not posible, Isn't it?
    kanika wrote:
    OK!!
    I thought that cross references worked like that: if I choose (in sales line for example) an Item with cross references to customer, automatically into the field cross references I could see the reference without do click an choose it.
    But I see that's not posible, Isn't it?
    No it isn't. As you could define multiple references for the same item for the same customer or vendor, NAV does not know which one you want in the order.
    in this case is only 1 reference per customer.
    thanks for all!!
    I have another question about reports, I'll do a new post
    see you