Updating Header Form from Line form

sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
Hi,
I have one field called Item Gross Weight(custom) on the Family Header table which we made it as a flow field.
Similary we have Gross weight field on family lines Table which is calculated as Item gross Weight * Quantity. The Header field is sum of all the family lines gross weight field. but every time i change the quantity in family line table the Item Gross weight on header is not updated untill i click the header form. i did this with automation but is there any other way doing this.

Comments

• raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    sunnyk wrote:
    Hi,
    I have one field called Item Gross Weight(custom) on the Family Header table which we made it as a flow field.
    Similary we have Gross weight field on family lines Table which is calculated as Item gross Weight * Quantity. The Header field is sum of all the family lines gross weight field. but every time i change the quantity in family line table the Item Gross weight on header is not updated untill i click the header form. i did this with automation but is there any other way doing this.

The header information will not get refreshed / updated until the header form is activated. when you are in subform, the active form is the lines form. Try by calling update function.
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Also search the forum for "update main form from subform"
    search.php
    many posts..

here's one to get started:
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22564