Job Queue in NAV 5.0 SP1 did not Run

johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
Dear All,

I have installed NAS in NAV 5.0 SP1 to use Job Queue to calc Req. Worksheet. When time is 01.00 PM, If I set earliest date/time to 01.30 PM, Job Queue can run successfully. But, if I set earliest date/time to 08.00 PM, Job Queue did not run. I have tried to use recurring and got same result. How to make Job Queue run at 8.00 PM ? Why is it not run? Please help.. Thank you..
Best regards,

Johanna

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Did you set No. of Minutes between Runs?
    Starting Time and End Time?

Can you show full setup?
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    johanna wrote:
    Dear All,

I have installed NAS in NAV 5.0 SP1 to use Job Queue to calc Req. Worksheet. When time is 01.00 PM, If I set earliest date/time to 01.30 PM, Job Queue can run successfully. But, if I set earliest date/time to 08.00 PM, Job Queue did not run. I have tried to use recurring and got same result. How to make Job Queue run at 8.00 PM ? Why is it not run? Please help.. Thank you..

Is NAS running as a service? Did you check? You didn't (or any other) by chance turn off the pc where NAS is running when you (he/she) went home?
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    Did you set No. of Minutes between Runs?
    Starting Time and End Time?

Can you show full setup?

Thanks mohana :)
    I did not use recurring setup. I just try to run the job queue once. Here I send you the capture of the job queue's setting.
    Best regards,

Johanna
    rhpnt wrote:
    johanna wrote:
    Dear All,

Is NAS running as a service? Did you check? You didn't (or any other) by chance turn off the pc where NAS is running when you (he/she) went home?

Thanks rhpnt,
    Yes, NAS running as a service. The pc did not turn off. I have tried three times and the result job queue did not run when the earliest date/time set to 8.00 PM.
    Best regards,

Johanna
    johanna wrote:
    Yes, NAS running as a service. The pc did not turn off. I have tried three times and the result job queue did not run when the earliest date/time set to 8.00 PM.

Try this. Set the start time of the job queue to your current time +2 minutes, close your NAV client and wait for 5 minutes. If it doesn't fire then NAS is the source of your problem. Is the startup parameter of the NAS set to "jobqueue"?
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    You should also have a look at the Job Queue Log Entries.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
    Parameter String should be JOBQUEUE

Without parameter string, job queue is run when set to 1.30 PM, after less than 1 hour of setting time. Is it because I set the startup parameter with JOBQUEUE... But if I set to 08.00 PM, Job Queue did not run..
    Best regards,

Johanna
    You should also have a look at the Job Queue Log Entries.
    There is no entry in the Job Queue Log Entries with setting time 8.00 PM because the job queue did not run.. In the Job Queue Log Entries, the last entry is last job queue before (ex: with time 1.30 PM)..
    Best regards,

Johanna
    Again:

Set the start time of the job queue to your current time +2 minutes, close your NAV client and wait for 5 minutes. If it doesn't fire then NAS is the source of your problem.

Is the startup parameter of the NAS set to "jobqueue"?
    Although the link is good for a general reference, I suggest that you use the original MS documentation for the installation of your NAS version.