Options

Automatic import data

julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,078
hi all... i want to import data (txt file) automatically
for example i set it at 12.00Am everyday will import from specific folder
either using report or codeunit

so what module should i need?
is it must have job module? NAS?

Comments

  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Search the forum..i am sure this has been discussed before..
  • Options
    rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    julkifli33 wrote:
    so what module should i need? is it must have job module? NAS?

    Exactly.
  • Options
    julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,078
    rhpnt wrote:
    julkifli33 wrote:
    so what module should i need? is it must have job module? NAS?

    Exactly.
    so it means i must have advanced management + job module?
    is there any other way for automatic?
  • Options
    rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    This means that you need to use the NAV Job Queue functionality (included in BE license) and NAS (1 instance also included in BE license).
  • Options
    SPost29SPost29 Member Posts: 148
    you could use a form and the timer but you would be spending a client license session.
    It depends on the situation
  • Options
    julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,078
    rhpnt wrote:
    This means that you need to use the NAV Job Queue functionality (included in BE license) and NAS (1 instance also included in BE license).
    oww i thought job module MUST USED AM
  • Options
    julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,078
    SPost29 wrote:
    you could use a form and the timer but you would be spending a client license session.
    It depends on the situation
    ok thanks a lot
    it should use for developer license,is it?
    can user execute that?
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    1. Create a process only report to import the file (or codeunit, whatever you like)
    2. Setup NAS (Job queue) to run that report

    Done.
  • Options
    julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,078
    Alex Chow wrote:
    1. Create a process only report to import the file (or codeunit, whatever you like)
    2. Setup NAS (Job queue) to run that report

    Done.

    the problem is .... i think our customer doesnt have job module
  • Options
    GRIZZLYGRIZZLY Member Posts: 127
    If your customer has NAS, then you could use it for automatic job processing. Find the simple example below:

    Codeunit 1 Application Management, trigger ID 99
    NASHandler(ATASID : Text[260])
    
    IF GenSetupL."Run Scheduler" THEN BEGIN
       GenSetupL.TESTFIELD("Scheduler Interval (H)");
       CREATE(NTimer);
       NTimer.Interval := 1000 * 60 * 60 * GenSetupL."Scheduler Interval (H)";
       NTimer.Enabled := TRUE;
    END;
    
    NTimer::Timer(Milliseconds : Integer)
    MESSAGE(RunScheduler, FORMAT(TODAY), TIME);
    CalculateBonus.RUN;
    
    where:
    Run Sheduler - additional field in setup table,
    NTimer is Navision Timer automation component,
    Scheduler Interval - is additional field, where interval is defined,
    CalculateBonus - is a link to the report you wish to run.

    Hope, it helps!
    Sincerely yours, GRIZZLY
    Follow my blog at http://x-dynamics.blogspot.com
  • Options
    rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    julkifli33 wrote:
    the problem is .... i think our customer doesnt have job module

    One thing is what you think and the other what you know about your customer. By the way, you don't need the Job module for the NAV Job Queue functionality.
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    julkifli33 wrote:
    the problem is .... i think our customer doesnt have job module

    You don't need job module. You need the application server module, which comes standard with the purchase of BRL.
  • Options
    julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,078
    so... let's say i created codeunit 50001 to import data
    what is the steps to use NAS to execute this CU 50001?
Sign In or Register to comment.