Table Synchronise problem

gpriyagpriya Member Posts: 17
Hi,
I created one table and i assigned this table to some users. If I did any modification in that table then the users are getting error like" you don't have permission to read the table". So every time I did synchronize the users. Is it required every time?

Thanks in Advance.
Priya

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    If you are using the Enhanced security model you will need to synchronize whenever you make table changes. You can check your model under File --> Database --> Alter
  • gpriyagpriya Member Posts: 17
    Hi Mattrax,
    Thanks for your reply. I checked the database. Yes you are right the model is Enhanced. Now can I change the model from Enhanced to Standard? What is the use of this model?

Thanks in Advance,
    Priya
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Enhanced: NAV pushes all the security to SQL. So each time something changes on the security, a synchronization must be done. It is also possible that the user can send SELECT/DELETE/INSERT/UPDATE to the DB using other through other programs. This is something to be avoided.

Standard: the security is checked in NAV and if it is ok for NAV, NAV sends the command to SQL. SQL accepts all commands from NAV. The user has only access to the database using NAV.

To change the security model, go to File=>Database=>Alter.
    Tab options:you must put the DB in single user mode (first kick all users out!)
    Tab advanced:change security model to standard.
    Hit Ok.
    After some seconds, you will see that NAV is updating the tables. If it is not the case, probably someone else is blocking the database.

After finishing it (it can take half an hour or also more. It depends on the number of tables), you need to put the database back to multiuser.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• roytseroytse Member Posts: 8
    What did u mean about the "modification on the table"? is it modifying table structure / coding into the table?
    I don't think it would cause the permission problem to the table u are modifying.

BTW, if u do some coding to access another table, u have to grant permission to user for access the target table.

And also, does it prompt the error of permission about the same table everytime?
  • gpriyagpriya Member Posts: 17
    Yes. Iam doing modification in the table.

Thanks Kriki. Problem is resolved with your post.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Priya