Options

NAV 2009 R2 -> Send to Excel -> Limit 5000 Records

eborggrecheborggrech Member Posts: 12
edited 2011-10-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Is there any setting to increase the number of records that can be exported from the NAV RTC Client?
From the classic client this can be done from Tools -> Options -> Max. no. of XML records to send
It has been reported as a bug in NAV2009 SP1. Has this been fixed in the R2 release?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    I think in RTC it depends upon Size 5MB..

You can check that setting in CustomSettings File..
  • Options
    kirmakirma Member Posts: 1
    I tried this out, however it did not work. Changing the upload size from 5MB will still give the error that the limit of records is 5000.

The limit applies to the:
    1. Send To Word function
    2. Send To Excel function
    3. Print

It was confirmed back in 2009 by Microsoft that this was a bug since this limit was harcoded in RTC, however, it is not yet known whether this was solved.

Kindly inform me too if you have any information about this issue.

Kirma
  • Options
    eborggrecheborggrech Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for your replies :D
  • Options
    beranberan Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 80
    We do automatically have a limit of 5000 rows, but this can be changed in clientusersettings.config.
    <add key="MaxNoOfXMLRecordsToSend" value="6020" />.

I remember that we had to fix two bugs in this area, but it should work in R2.

Please check if the above suggestion helps....
    Eric Beran
    Software Design Engineer II
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    knmknm Member Posts: 170
    Hi beran,

Thank you so much for sharing the information.
    I also had an issue with limitation of 5000 records, but after inserting the code that you mentioned, I was able to export more than the default limit.

But since the .config file for each user needs to be updated, in order to use this solution, is there any update in the future that will globally change the maximum records to be exported?

Thank you.

Kenji
  • Options
    HackHack Member Posts: 12
    I have the same issue running R2. My Build # is 32012. Do I need a more recent build? The line of code "<add key="MaxNoOfXMLRecordsToSend" value="6020" />" did not exist in the clientusersettings.config file so I manually added. I have stopped and started the service and still receive the "5000 record Limit" error message.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Hack
    #-o
  • Options
    knmknm Member Posts: 170
    I don't know if it's the build, but FYI, my build# is 32329.
    (I didn't have to add the line in the .config file, as the line was already there).

Kenji
  • Options
    stiastastiasta Member Posts: 106
    Has anyone installed Hotfix
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2492490

I am using Nav 2009 R2 and installed that hotfix on the rolebased client and the Dynamics NAV Server, BUT it still gives med the error that says that is not allowed to send more than 5000 lines. (Using Send to excel).
    I have tried to select lines using shift + Pg down. When doing this I was allowed to select more than 5000 lines. Could it be a limit set in NAV as well?