Options

OverallTotalPageNumber can be use in RDLC?

QuickWEQuickWE Member Posts: 80
edited 2011-07-14 in NAV Three Tier
It was Global Variable of SSRS 2008 R2. As you know NAV2009R2 can be compatible with SQL Server2008 R2 but when I would like to use this variable I can't found it.

Appreciate for every guidance. \:D/

Comments

• Options
    DevendraSharmaDevendraSharma Member Posts: 23
    QuickWE wrote:
    It was Global Variable of SSRS 2008 R2. As you know NAV2009R2 can be compatible with SQL Server2008 R2 but when I would like to use this variable I can't found it.

You can use Globals!TotalPages function in rtc
  • Options
    QuickWEQuickWE Member Posts: 80
    QuickWE wrote:

You can use Globals!TotalPages function in rtc

Thank for your reply, Yes I know but I would like to use this variable(OverAllPagenumber that is new feature of SSRS 2008 R2) in case Invoice Document
    that there is page x of y.

I can be reset "x" but for "y" I cannot do it or find the solution to solve it in case layout has more than one table. :D
  • Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    "OverallPageNumber" and "OverallTotalPages" are new features to RDL 2010, available with SQL Server 2008 R2.
    Currently we are using RDLC 2005 in NAV 2009, so you will unfortunately not be able to use these 2 new features in NAV 2009.

New version of RDL is released when a new version of SQL Server is released.
    New version of RDLC is released when a new version of Visual Studio is released.

So current it looks like this:

VS 2008 in local mode supports RDLC 2005
    VS 2010 in local mode supports RDLC 2008
    VS Dev11 in local mode supports RDLC 2010
    SQL Server 2005 in server mode supports RDL 2005
    SQL Server 2008 in server mode supports RDL 2008
    SQL Server 2008 R2 in server mode supports RDL 2010

Currently it's unknown if VS Dev11 will be released before NAV '7', so right now the plan is to support the newest and latest version of RDLC in NAV '7' and that is RDLC 2008.
    When VS Dev11 is released we will upgrade to RDLC 2010 and you can then use "OverallPageNumber" and "OverallTotalPages", but maybe that will not be before a Service Pack for NAV '7', it all depends on when VS Dev11 is released.

/Claus
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)