Options

Why it doesn´t appears in My notes????

FranklinFranklin Member Posts: 253
edited 2011-07-14 in NAV Three Tier
Why if I add a note in a document, put it in the field "To" an user and click "Notify", it doesn´t appears to that user in "My notifications"?

How work Notes and My notifications?

:-k

Thx a lot.

Comments

• Options
    raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    1) Check whether the notification is saved and available at the document level in the creator login.
    2) Check is there any duplications in the name like ABC, ABCx. and you are selecting the other one which you are not logging in.
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • Options
    1) Check whether the notification is saved and available at the document level in the creator login.
    2) Check is there any duplications in the name like ABC, ABCx. and you are selecting the other one which you are not logging in.

Hi raveendran.s!!

Could you explain me a little more the first point?

The second point is not possible because one user is administrator and the other is ana. :(

Edit: it could be due to the users don't work with an active directory seasson?
  • Options
    When a user is creating a notification, after submitting, close the document And re-open again and check whether it is there in the document or not.. If it is there then probably u have to check with the second point.

Basically the notifications are stored against the Windows SID of the user, not against the name. if the SID is same as stored and as u login, then it should will visible...
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • Options
    When a user is creating a notification, after submitting, close the document And re-open again and check whether it is there in the document or not.. If it is there then probably u have to check with the second point.

Basically the notifications are stored against the Windows SID of the user, not against the name. if the SID is same as stored and as u login, then it should will visible...

Hi again...

Yes when i reopen the documents all notes are included.

About next, if the user "to" is not login, can't you notify him? I have understood it in your phrase... I think something is wrong in my configuration or something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Notification is a message which you want to communicate to a particular NAV User in NAV-RTC. I guess you need to spend little time on understanding the concept.
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • Options
    Sure... I understand the concept... Yo send a notification (a message) to a NAV user which is about a document (a quote for example) and it must appears in "my notifications", isn't it?

• Options
    Franklin wrote:
    Sure... I understand the concept... Yo send a notification (a message) to a NAV user which is about a document (a quote for example) and it must appears in "my notifications", isn't it?

in one of your post u asked

"About next, if the user "to" is not login, can't you notify him?"

I guess now you got the answer for this question... And more over if the user is not there in NAV means u cannot even send the notification...
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • Options
    Perhaps i can't explain it better due to my english is not so good.

I'll try to notify the user as you say.

Thanks a lot!!