Options

Top-Down Grouping in NAV Role Center

shahidtshahidt Member Posts: 61
edited 2011-07-12 in NAV Three Tier
Currently the different role center parts are grouped left to right. Is it possible to align them Top-Down. I want one group on the top with a wide page, and another group at the bottom with 2-3 pages of narrow width, to be showed in my Role Center. Is this possible? How?

Comments

• Options
    *Bump*
  • Options
    raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    Can you share a visual view of the expected Role Center screen?
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • Options
    Hi - I have attached a sample screen shot. On top is a custom add-in to show a website. Hence I need the top section to be wide with smaller cues on the bottom.
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    shahidt wrote:
    Hi - I have attached a sample screen shot. On top is a custom add-in to show a website. Hence I need the top section to be wide with smaller cues on the bottom.
    Try with this structure:

*Container (RoleCenterArea)
    **Group (Group)
    ***Addin
    **Group (Fixed Layout)
    ***Part1
    ***Part2
    ***Part3

I tried it and It gave me this (I used Outlook in place of your Add-in):

Ps: FixedLayout doesn't allow you to edit values... Try maybe could work for you..
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    Hi Troubles In Paradise. Not sure why, but that does not work for me. I am using Indian Localization on NAV 2009 SP1 (6.00.29626).

Not only is the view in the normal Left-Right orientation, but when I do a "Customize This Page", NAV crashes. I even tried replacing the Add-In with Outlook as had worked for you.

I will appreciate any further inputs on this matter.
  • Options
    raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    shahidt wrote:
    Hi Troubles In Paradise. Not sure why, but that does not work for me. I am using Indian Localization on NAV 2009 SP1 (6.00.29626).

Not only is the view in the normal Left-Right orientation, but when I do a "Customize This Page", NAV crashes. I even tried replacing the Add-In with Outlook as had worked for you.

I will appreciate any further inputs on this matter.

Try to share the output screenshot (whatever you are getting) so that others can able to help u better...
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • Options
    I hope these help...
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    shahidt wrote:

I did the test in Navision 2009 R2
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...