How to update "Sales Price" table?

st89st89 Member Posts: 10
Hello

I need to add new price for 3 000 items, it's very hard work to do this for each item using navision. I thought to import data in "Sales Price" using sql import wizard, but
as i know navision calculates profit % and markup% values and i think my solution is not good. Exists any better way to solve my problem?

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    From my point of view adding new lines to the Sales Price Table with another Starting Date is the right way. But I'm not entirely sure if I understand your problem correctly.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • st89st89 Member Posts: 10
    I need to create new prices for 3000 items and i do not want to insert to new rows for every items by hand, i whant to to import it from excel by using of sql import wizard or using any other tool. Is any solution?
    If you want to do it in NAV you could save your Excel Sheet as CSV file and create a Dataport within NAV to import that file.
    I can do same in sql (import excel file) but when i am adding new row to "Sales proce" table in navision by hand for one item it calculates markup % and profit % and when i insert new rows to sql it can not calculate values of markup and profit, this is my problem.
    In a Dataport you can define for every field if the system should do a field validation on import. That should calculate the other fields in background.
    For using data port, do i need developer licencse?
    If you want to use a dataport it has to be within your free number range.
    If you want to develop a dataport you need at least module 7110 Report and Dataport Designer.
  • chris1129chris1129 Member Posts: 25
    If you want to create a new dataport, you need developer license; if you do not want to create a new dataport, you can use data migration tool to import data;
    st89 wrote:
    For using data port, do i need developer licencse?
    Learn forever
  • mgmuthamgmutha Member Posts: 55
    Hi,
    If you are using NAV 2009 Version then use "Data Migration".
    Go to Administration >> Application Setup >> Company Setup >> Data Migration >> Select Table ID = 7002, Select Migration Fields >> Export Data in Excel.
    Update Excel Sheet and again import data through "Data Migration".
    Manish Mutha