Options

Unable to login to Navision in Remote desktop connection

etarunetarun Member Posts: 26
Dear friends,

I am facing a strange problem of unable to log in to a database which is at some remote location. I connect to this computer and try to access the Navision which is on another system. Please see the error message in attached file and suggest me what can i do.

FYI: this is a 3.06 version database and i guess is not created by making backup, just a copy of live system for testing..

Thanks in advance
TK
112.JPG 39.3K

Answers

• Options
    frost_amofrost_amo Member Posts: 22
    If the database you are going to open is not SQL database (but native), you will not be able to open it by specifying Server Name which doesn't serve this database. I mean that classic NAV Database Server can serve only one database at time. Therefore you have received such error message.
    Generally, when you are connecting to NAV Database Server, you should specify Server Name ONLY.
    I think, you should take a look on the "Open Database" window to check your connection settings.
  • Options
    etarunetarun Member Posts: 26
    frost_amo wrote:
    If the database you are going to open is not SQL database (but native), you will not be able to open it by specifying Server Name which doesn't serve this database. I mean that classic NAV Database Server can serve only one database at time. Therefore you have received such error message.
    Generally, when you are connecting to NAV Database Server, you should specify Server Name ONLY.
    I think, you should take a look on the "Open Database" window to check your connection settings.

Thanks for the answer ...
    It started to work, There was no way that i could restart the service from my system. I asked the person on other location to login to the Navision test system and then log out from it, With 'Recently opened company' list I could log on to the system. I don't know the reason why it started to work, but its working now.

TK