no changes in db until transaction made

2»

Comments

• lucianaluciana Member Posts: 43
    wow, now i can see differences between mine and yours...
    thank you very much!

luciana
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Wow, some post. Just read it.

I would also add that if there is a feature in nav that you want to emulate such as a Header & line's. Try to follow what nav already has.
    Using a number series as line number isn't how all the other forms/subforms work so why did you stick with it.

It sounds like you were just grasping at straws and linking fields and changing types just to avoid a compile error. This doesn't insure that your form/subform is going to work properly just because it compiles.

next time take a step back, breathe and review how nav already does it.
    There are plenty examples of every type of thing already in Nav to use a guide.
  • lucianaluciana Member Posts: 43
    Savatage wrote:
    Wow, some post. Just read it.

I would also add that if there is a feature in nav that you want to emulate such as a Header & line's. Try to follow what nav already has.
    Using a number series as line number isn't how all the other forms/subforms work so why did you stick with it.

It sounds like you were just grasping at straws and linking fields and changing types just to avoid a compile error. This doesn't insure that your form/subform is going to work properly just because it compiles.

next time take a step back, breathe and review how nav already does it.
    There are plenty examples of every type of thing already in Nav to use a guide.

I know but is a situation so complicated to explain... I can say tha I have really no much support on Nav.. this is a world in which I have been put in, without knowing anything, and when I say anything I want to say really really anything.
    I thanks very much all of you for suggesting me the correct way and for comprehension.
    Every time I read your suggestion I learn much more about Nav and I'm pleased to.
    Thanks.

Luciana