More space in the version list of the objects

josep_jordijosep_jordi Member Posts: 9
Hi,

Anyone know if there is any method or hotfix to extend the length of the version list of objects.
I have a database with many customizations and I can not reflect all the version list for lack of space.
Alternatively I have created a codeunit where indicated versions of each modified object, but this is an unprofessional solution..

Regards

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Anyone know if there is any method or hotfix to extend the length of the version list of objects.
    Sorry, but that won't be possible. You'll need some clever and above all short version codes.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I will like this too, already asked for that on many occasions, but I thing that the problem of this is much deeper than it looks. E.g. backward compatibility of FOB file etc... :-/
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • josep_jordijosep_jordi Member Posts: 9
    kine wrote:
    I will like this too, already asked for that on many occasions, but I thing that the problem of this is much deeper than it looks. E.g. backward compatibility of FOB file etc... :-/

I thought so, but hoped a solution like:

Can be stored in the "Version List" containing compressed and have a utility (perhaps codeunit) where copying and pasting the characters get the result compressed legibly ...

This could be displayed in a Form that automatically displays the decrypted content and if you change the "Version List" to save it in compressed. For example anything that starts with ~ mean that the contents of the field "Version List" is compressed.

Someone encouraged to do this codeunit and form?

If someone hands me a compression algorithm, I dare to make this useful and share ...