Detailed Historical data to NAV

veeraviveeravi Member Posts: 66
One of my client would like to have full detaied transactions data for two to three years from the legacy system in NAV. It's as goods as replica of all transactions from the existing system. The mainly looking for data comparision and reporting purposes.

How do we about it in NAV? Is there any way out to achieve this? ](*,)

Comments

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Not possible as in practical because of large amount of data(need a single entry opening per master) whether if they required for reporting purpose then navision will not stop to post opening per document.
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    veeravi wrote:
    One of my client would like to have full detaied transactions data for two to three years from the legacy system in NAV. It's as goods as replica of all transactions from the existing system. The mainly looking for data comparision and reporting purposes.

How do we about it in NAV? Is there any way out to achieve this? ](*,)

Hello veeravi,

you can do this with a dataport exporting all relevant tables in one file. I have done this at a former employer for the KPMG auditors to have something to load into their auditing software. Since you are only reading the data, this should be no problem. If the file exceeds 2GB... well... this could be a problem (no experience yet). I'd recommend exporting shorter periods then.

with best regards

Jens
  • veeraviveeravi Member Posts: 66
    Hi Jens,

Thanks for the reply. We are also working on similar approach to resolve this. But, I'm not sure about the data size i.e., more than 2GB.

Warm Regards
    RAVI