Value Entry already exists error in SQL but not in Native

Amitava_MitraAmitava_Mitra Member Posts: 35
Hi,

One of our customer is using Navision 4.0 SP3 LS Retail on SQL Database at their stores for quite sometime. Suddenly their is an error coming "The Value Entry already exists. Identification fields and values:Entry No.='1079462'" while posting statement (I am sure most of you knows, basically day-end posting process in LS Retail, similar to sales invoice posting). I tried to debug the error, and found no value entry exists with that entry, and also there is no customization in codeunit 22, or no COMMIT function used.

I took the back up and restored the same in Native and tried to post the same statement in the Native database, but the error didnot occur and the statement and all other statements posted sucessfully. So, it seems to be an issue with SQL (may be something related to indexing, or cache, or something else, not sure), and I have been trying to resolve the same ](*,) ](*,) but no luck.

Can anyone help me out with some solution / idea? Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks,
Amitava

Comments

• Amitava_MitraAmitava_Mitra Member Posts: 35
    Okay, finally got a solution \:D/ somehow. I set the MaintainSQLIndex property to 'No' for all the secondary keys of "Value Entry" table (in primary key it does not allow), and now the statements are getting posted properly.

Still it would be good if any SQL champ can elaborate the exact reason.

Thanks,
    Amitava