Options

Mask decimal fields in RTC

ThiGiThiGi Member Posts: 5
edited 2011-06-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Is there any way to display *** instead on decimal fields such as Unit Cost in RTC?
In the classic client, we work with autoformatexpr/coddunit 1 but this does work in the role tailored.

Control Add-ins or working with hidevalue/enabled works but too many objects will have to be modified.
We would like to know if there's another solution but we don't have plenty of hope because of the fact mask does not work and the post about modifying RDL layouts.

Kind regards!

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    is ExtendedDatatype (= masked) property of the field in the page enough for you?
    p.s.: control addins don't work on lists
    p.s.2: i don't know how to behave with rdlc...i would just say: don't show the value :)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Hi Belias,

As mentioned before, the mask does not work on decimals.
    I know hidevalue in combination with enabled false is ok, but we would have too much work.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    where did you say that masked it's not working for rtc?
    I didn't guess you were talking about that, here :)
    plenty of hope because of the fact mask does
    i've never noticed that it doesn't work (i've never needed it)...
    but i think you've to do it the hard way...and you also think about the fact that users can use the "about this page" feature and see the values, even if you hide/remove it from the page. (i don't remember if you can switch off the "about this page" feature)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    The table fields part on the about this page functionality works like the zoom in the classic client. When off there, the user won't see the table fields detail in the rtc either.

But hey, I don't mind a little work. It even can be a huge pile, it's fun to play in the rtc :P
    It's only my boss who wants it otherwise :D