Error while service deinstallation of NAS 6R2 on Server 2008

einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
Does anyone know about an issue when you want to deinstall an NAS service via command prompt (parameter uninstallasservice)? I'm getting the following error message when I try to do it:
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is in correct. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.
I tried to google some information about this error message and it seems like it has something to do with the compatibility of an application and the Windows and/or Framework Version.

P.S. I just tested to install a new service on the same machine and it also doesn't work. Same error message.
"Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."

Answers

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    I solved it. You need to install .NET Framework 3.5. I think this will be automatically installed in background when you install the NAV Client. But if you just want to install a dedicated NAS then you have to install the Framework separately. Btw, .NET Framework 4.0 does not solve this problem.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."