rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
Hi Experts,

Can we reverse BOM?????
Regards,

Rinki

Comments

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Could you give more information please?
    What exactly do you mean by reverse? Are you talking about a BOM or a Production BOM?
    What is the exact question?
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
    Sog wrote:
    Could you give more information please?
    What exactly do you mean by reverse? Are you talking about a BOM or a Production BOM?
    What is the exact question?

Actually, I have some FG(Finished Goods) item which includes BOM(Bill of Material),now I am selling it.After selling and generating invoice, due to some reason some items are receiving back through sales return order form in sales return location.

When we Sell any item it will effect inventory,if that item has BOM then all items hit the inventory status,all items are automatically reduces from their location,its fine but.........................

my question is if i am receiving back a FG(Finished Goods) item from customer then only FG item increases the inventory status but that FG item which includes BOM then why all related inventory not effected in a particular location?? i know normally it is not possible because all assemble items converted into one FG item but my client wants that at the time of receiving FG item as sales return, its all components hit the physical inventory and inventory status automatically increases with all the components.
    Regards,

Rinki
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    So i fI understand you correctly. When you sell a FG the inventory of the FG AND the inventory of the items in the BOM are hit. In other words, the assembly takes place the moment it's shipped. -> this is by my knowledge custom.

Now when you a FG is returned, it has to be deassembled or else the stock of the FG will stay incorrect.
    Looks to me that you'll have to modify the custom code so a deassembly takes place the moment a FG is received.
    Next to that, any FG which doesn't have an inventory of 0 has been affected by this incomplete customization.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|