Options

Nav & Sharepoint issues after server move

FordPrefectFordPrefect Member Posts: 2
edited 2011-06-28 in NAV Three Tier
All--

What a great forum... I've peeled through this as best I can but can't seem to find an entry similar to this.

Full disclosure, my wife is working with Navision and Sharepoint. Inexplicably, she's been tasked with, um, helping a coworker in fixing an issue with how these two applications speak to each other. This is a woman, I love her dearly, but she danced for ten minutes after finally working out how to assign personal ringtones on her iPhone (no, I will not tell you the one she has for me). So, fixing an issue like this... is not really her job description, nor skill set.

Here's what she tells me--

"We have admins who use sharepoint to enter and post invoices into navision. Then they scan and upload their invoices into sharepoint with account tag numbers and bar coded coversheets. This all worked previously, no problem. Since the servers moved from one city to another (about 1500 miles), those admins (in various, satellite locations) can no longer enter invoices and expect them to post."

Essentially, it sounds like sharepoint and navision are suddenly not on speaking terms (most specifically, I believe, across the intranet). Would there be some sort of SQL issue that needed to be redressed following the move? It seems the only change was moving the servers (however I would assume "move" meant they now have different servers, in a different city.. not an actual move).

I'm hoping that someone hear can decipher my elementary ramblings and help point her (um, then point that guy) toward a solution. I'm sure I've been embarrassingly incomplete in my question, and I apologize in advance. But, any insight you bright folks have would be worth its weight in gold (despite the issue of "insights" not actually having mass, themselves... the sentiment, sincerely, is still there).

Thank you!
Ford