Help files

st0328st0328 Member Posts: 97
Hi Everybody

Need Help.....

I have created Helpfiles with the help of "Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Help Toolkit".

When ever I press F1 from Table level or Form level it is displaying the Table No., instead of Table Name.

Ex: In standard if we press F1 for the code field (customer) it will display like the following.

Code Field
The Customer Table

for my customized Table it is showing Table No., instead of Table name like the following.

Code Field
The T_8xxx2 Table

](*,)

Plz can any body suggest me where I am going wrong.

Thanks in Advance..

Comments

• thmartinthmartin Member Posts: 90
    I have to admit that I have not done any help files for ages.
    T_8xxx2 is a so-called object token that is somewhen replaced during the build of the online help with the real name.
    Have a look at the chapter "Help Builder and Object Tokens" in the NAV 2009 Help Guide. That might give you the answer you are looking for.
    Thomas Martin
    NAV Developer
  • alekpalekp Member Posts: 6
    Hi st0328,
    I think your table name is not resolved correctly by Help Builder because you are missing localized caption for that table in the Object XML file that you use with Help Toolkit when compiling help files. To check that, open the Object XML file and search for "T_8xxx2 " - you should find an entry similar to:

<table id="T_8xxx2 ">
    <name>Here is name of your table</name>
    <fields>...</fields>
    </table>

If this entry is missing from your Object XML file, than you need to make sure that the T_8xxx2 table has CaptionML property defined for your language (you can check that in table properties in Object Designer). After you have fixed CaptionML properties, you should export object string file from NAV (use Translate/Export) and re-create Object XML file with Help Builder.

You can also add entry for T_8xxx2 to Object XML manually and recompile your help files.
    Best Regards,
    Ola Porosinska

Software Development Engineer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV