BOM issue?

rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
Hi Experts,

I have some FG(Finished Goods) item which includes BOM(Bill of Material),now I am selling it.After selling and generating invoice, due to some reason some items are receiving back through sales return order form in sales return location.

When we Sell any item it will effect inventory,if that item has BOM then all items hit the inventory status,all items are automatically reduces from their location,its fine but.........................

my question is if i am receiving back a FG(Finished Goods) item from customer then only FG item increases the inventory status but that FG item which includes BOM then why all related inventory not effected in a particular location?? i know normally it is not possible because all assemble items converted into one FG item but my client wants that at the time of receiving FG item as sales return, its all components hit the physical inventory and inventory status automatically increases with all the components.
Regards,

Rinki

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    rinki123 wrote:
    ...but my client wants that at the time of receiving FG item as sales return, its all components hit the physical inventory and inventory status automatically increases with all the components.

Certainly that is not standard NAV functionality. With some twisting and turning that could be accomplished but it all depends on how the final item was "made" and sold (std. NAV manufacturing process, BOM journal, kitting,...). Either way I would not suggest to try to automate such activity - the customer has a lot of options to "break apart" the returned item and book the right inventory and general ledger entries using journals.
  • manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    Are those BOM item physically will increase the inventory ?
    Regards,
    Manish
  • rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
    Are those BOM item physically will increase the inventory ?

Yes
    Regards,

Rinki