Purchase Inventory to Job Site, no effect on Balance Sheet

cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
NAV 2009 R2

I know how drop shipments work in NAV.

I need the same functionality but from only creating a PO. I want to purchase items from a vendor, but ship the items directly to a job site, so we will never recieve them into our inventory, they will go directly to a job site. 95% of our inventory is done like this.

I want to use items because I need Vendor item pricing, but I don't want my purchase to hit my Balance Sheet (Inventory account).

Has anyone done this before ? any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    To achieve this you could use the NAV "Jobs" granule. After you've set them up (Jobs) you assign the job No. to the apropriate PO line and post. This way the item is consumed instantly for the job and was never in stock. This is only a VERY short description of the Jobs granule. If such posting complies to your balance sheet, needs to be checked.
  • cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
    Actually, the Jobs granule is being used.
    My question though. If i post inventory directly to a job.
    it will go in and out of my inventory to clear it out, but the DR ends up in the Purchase Account on the Posting Setup.

So let's say there is a DR for $100

Now is i run WIP (for usage), then Post the Sales Invoice (because job is done), and then run WIP again to finish my job, I will have $100 in my 'Recognized Cost Account'

So now I have the same cost showing up twice, once when I posted the PI, and once when i finished the job. Is this normal ?