Switching Companies is Slow for Renamed Users

JamieHurstJamieHurst Member Posts: 25
We changed the User IDs in Active Directory for two of our people because both acquired new names through marriage. Now, it takes up to 40 seconds when either switches companies. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

FYI, performance is completely normal for my User ID on their computers. If they log in on mine, they have the same trouble... Once they are "in", performance is normal.

We could delete these users from AD and then add them back, but it's a headache for our hardware folks because of email, group membership, folder rights, documents, etc.

Technical Details:
NAV 2009 SP1, Classic Client
Windows Authentication
Users access NAV through RDP
Terminal Server 2008 (no roaming profiles)
SQL 2008 v2

I appreciate any help you may have :D

Answers

• JamieHurstJamieHurst Member Posts: 25
    New info: we discovered someone else with this issue who's windows user id has not renamed. He's been in active directory for years. This guy's in Finance and the two gals are in Manufacturing, so their NAV rights are very different.

Also, we've tried deleting one of these users from NAV and adding them back, but it didn't help.
  • FSmeetsFSmeets Member Posts: 37
    Did you already try to delete the fin.zup file for those users who have performance issues?
    FSmeets wrote:
    Did you already try to delete the fin.zup file for those users who have performance issues?
    FS -- Good instinct, but no luck. It didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion.

We also removed one of these windows user ids from SQL and then added it back in. That didn't help either... ](*,)
    Thanks to our partner, Western Computer, this problem has been solved. =D>

After we deleted these users from the "User Menu Level" table (2000000061), performance returned to normal. We're still not exactly sure why this worked. Perhaps these users were carrying old shortcuts to objects that no longer exist.