Display new record problem

KaliannaKalianna Member Posts: 5
Hi everyone,

I was wandering if there is a way to manage this situation:

I have a form on table A. From this form there is a function that calls another form in which the user can input data in order to insert a new record in table A.

There is a way to close the second form and display automatically in the first form the record just inserted?
For now I only have managed to obtain this without close the input form, but so three forms remains open.. ](*,)

Any idea?
thanks in advance!

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    in your "form b" you do your code to insert the new record and then you do a
    currform.close

:-k
    P.S.: isn't there a senior dev to help you?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • KaliannaKalianna Member Posts: 5
    thanyou, but maybe I wasn't cleare in the explanation.

the problem isn't close the form B, but have the new record inserted displayed in form A after close the form B.

imagine to call a function from Customer Form in order to create a clone of the current customer but with some changes. In form B I ask the fields that have to be changed. Clicking ok I close the form B but in Customer Form remanins the old record.
    Ok, now i think i understood. You're talking about a card form, not a list form. It's a totally different story...
    -you open the form based on tabl A (let's say the customer form), and you're currently on record X0001
    -you run your form B from here and then compile some fields and hit a button to confirm (customer X0010 is created)
    -you get back to customer form (and you are still on the record X0001)
    Now the question is: what do you need to do to change the pointer to the record on the card page? GET the value of the pk of the record you have just created
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    Maybe you should do a currform.update(false) on the first form when you return from the second ?
    So far I tried both the setrecord and the settableview (after get on the correct record of course) on the form, but nothing..

update(false) gives me an error in closing the second form
    you're obviously missing something: GET must work if you call it in the right way.
    your code (under the button that runs the function) should be like this:
    myform.myfunction; // optional
    myform.RUNMODAL; // runmodal is important. if you use run, check the online help to see what's the difference between RUN and RUNMODAL
    mynewcustomer := myform.getcreatedcustomer; //this function returns the customer code that your form B has created
    GET(mynewcustomer);

-Mirko-
    My Blog
    solved, I was trying to get the record from the second form instead than from the first :oops:

thanks!