Modify the value

BHTBHT Member Posts: 56
edited 2001-06-09 in Navision Financials
Hi all,
Does anyone know the way to put a value to sales invoice header?
I add new field to the sales invoice header. But I cannot put any value into it. The message not have permission always appear.
Thanks
Regards,
BHT

Comments

• BHTBHT Member Posts: 56
    You mean I have to change the property permission on that code unit?
    I've tried it but when I try to compile then this message appear
    "You do not have permission to modify records in Sales Invoice Header Table. Contact the system manager if you need to have your permission changed".
    Or you mean something else about codeunit permissions?
    Regards
    BHT
    Regards,
    BHT
  • PrebenRasmussenPrebenRasmussen Member Posts: 137
    This is probably because you're not licensed as a ApplicationBuilder or SolutionDeveloper.
    PrebenRasmussen,
    I do have license for solution developer from NTR NSSEA as I've complete the course. But you mention about license for ApplicationBuilder. Is there any license like this? I never heard it before.
    How can I have this license?
    Tks.
    BHT
    Regards,
    BHT
  • John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    Most likely it is as simple as making sure the FieldNumber is in the range your license allows (50000 up).

John
  • MohanMohan Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    Could you please explain in detail way,from where you are trying to modify the Sales Invoice header table,what about the user id and permissions,did you enter in to the database as Superuser ? Just like all other tables you can modify the Sales invoice header table.if you explain your problem little bit clear then we can help you...
    Mohan
    Hi Mohan,
    Here I explain to you.
    I add new field in Sales Invoice Header table (Table No 112) with field number 50000.
    Then I create a code unit to fill some value into field number 50000.
    When I run the code unit then I don't have permission to modify the value. As advice from Alexey I change the code unit permission. But it didn't work. Then I change the permission on the table. This worst. I can't save it. The message always the same "not have permission".
    So, does anyone have another idea for me?
    Tks
    BHT.
    Regards,
    BHT
  • MohanMohan Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

Have a look at the Code Units 314,315.. .Those Codeunits are calling from some places like Sales Invoice report.but in those Codeunits on Run Properties you can see the Permissions of Sales Invoice Header Table and Sales Shipment Header Table.These codeunits are just used to update the No. Printed of Sales Invoice Header or Sales Shipment Header.But in On Run Trigger Properties they have used the Permissions,i hope if you give the permissions like this your problem may be solved.
    Does any one Know about those properties ???

Mohan
  • wbenefielwbenefiel Member Posts: 12
    Another solution is to create the field on the Sales Header table with the exact same number of data type. Navision will transfer the value automatically durring posting.

Bill Benefiel
    NCPS,NCSD
    Manager of Information Systems
    Overhead Door Company of Indianapolis
    billb@ohdindy.com
    Bill Benefiel
    NCPS,NCSD
    Manager of Information Systems
    Overhead Door Company of Indianapolis
    billb@ohdindy.com
  • Dave_CoxDave_Cox Member Posts: 83
    All you need to do is give the Codeunit permission to modify the Sales inv. Header table.

Open the Codeunit in design veiw, go to properties then permissions and add the table for read and modify!

MindSource (UK) Limited
    Navision Service Partner

david@mindsource.co.uk
    info@mindsource.co.uk
    MindSource (UK) Limited
    Navision Service Partner

david@mindsource.co.uk
    info@mindsource.co.uk