Options

Field not showing in RDLC dataset

Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
edited 2011-06-17 in NAV Three Tier
This one is driving me insane...

In report 10040 (Aged Accounts Receivable) I need to add new footer/summary fields. So, I added fields to the Customer, Footer (9) section and gave them proper DataSetNames. This looks to be the right place for what I need to do as I need to show them along with the existing totals that flow in from the other existing fields in that section. Anyway... Once I do this, the fields do NOT show in my dataset for the RDLC. The interesting thing though, is that the corresponding "Format" property DOES show in the dataset result. I tried creating new textboxes, copying the existing ones and changing the DataSetName...everything. It's driving me nuts!

So, the bottom line is that I've added a new textbox with (for example's sake) a DataSetName of "BalanceDue__4_FCY". When I look at the dataset in RDLC, this variable does not appear. BUT, there IS a variable in the result set for "BalanceDue__4_FCYFormat". UGH! I've been playing with this for far too long (exit and come back in, saves and compiles, save uncompiles, refresh dataset manually)...nothing is working.

If someone can put me out of my misery, I will owe you.

Comments

• Options
    julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,073
    have you tried put it in another section (classic) ??
  • Options
    I haven't. I'm guessing it will work if I move it to a body section (haven't confirmed that) but I'm trying to mimmick the base report totals (to add a set in FCY) so I think they need to be in this footer section to work the same way. I'm just baffled why additional textboxes set up with no differences in properties won't come through fine...and the fact that the Format property does come through confuses me further.
  • Options
    TheDoubleHTheDoubleH Member Posts: 67
    I haven't done much with reports in RTC; but do you need to set the 'Include in Dataset' property on the variable to yes?
    Kind Regards

Henrik Helgesen,
    President | Helgesen Consulting
    about.me | LinkedIN
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    does your report showing Balance Due any where else in report?

If yes, you have to use the same dataset with Sum()
  • Options
    Sorry, you're not quite seeing what I'm trying to explain. I'm not even trying to get new variables over to the RDLC yet. What I've tried is very simple but is not working and I don't know why.

In the Customer Footer (9) section, I simply copied one existing textbox. I then changed the DataSetName for the second copy. I did NOT change the source expression. So, the same value should come over to the RDLC with two separate names (the DataSetName used by the base product field, and the DataSetName used by my copy of it). BUT that doesn't happy. I see the "Format" version of my new field listed in the result set for the RDLC, but I do not see the actual value.

I'm pulling out what little hair I have left on this one. :)
  • Options
    The RDLC data will not show two different fields for which are used for same field..
    as you can use same dataset field name in two places. you can identify the difference with format.
  • Options
    Thanks...I now have this woking. For some reason I was having problems earlier even using a different custom variable, but I must have been doing something wrong. It's showing up okay now. :)
  • Options
    I hope you didnt set any dataset name for new text box..

when you open layout ,the system automatically inserts dataset field names for which dataset field name property is blank..