Nav 4.0 SP1-2 Permission Issues

ChuckChuck Member Posts: 6
I did a search of the forums and didnt find this issue anywhere, also search with Google :)

Our company uses Navision 4.0 SP1-2 and recently with in a Month all new hires we add to Navision lose their permission to read the Object Table, these users are fine one day and the next they get the error message of "You Do Not Have Permission To Read The Object Table, Contact Your Sytem Manager If You Need To Have Your Permissions Changed", I will sync the roles again and the next day or a couple days later the same issue happens. I have been setting up users for 4 Years now and never had this issue, again it is only with new users, I have always copied a Users Roles from the Same Department and have always did a sync prior to a Test Launch of Navision without failure.

Any help would be great.

Thank you - Chuck

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I remember that this was problm of NAV 4.0SP1 and SP2. I recommend to do technical upgrade to SP3. The problem is connected to the extended security mode which could be switched.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ChuckChuck Member Posts: 6
    @Kamil - We are upgrading to Nav. 2009 late Sept or when our Developers are done with all the Migration and Testing, but in the mean time I have to get to work early and sync the roles daily to prevent the User Tantrums, we have never had this issue in the 5 years running of 4.0, there has to be some kinda fix to get us by till then, We use SCS Dynamics from Cali and they have never heard of this issue either except when the Role ALL is not added to the User, they are also researching the issue, If I dont have luck here and they find a cure I will post it.

Thanks for the insight
    1) You need only "technical" upgrade to solve this issue. You do not need "full upgrade"...
    2) I had a problem on our company NAV, when only one user, and I do not know why this specific user, have same problem. I synced his account, all was working, but next day again, permissions lost... I think that each time I synced someone else, he lost the permissions...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thank you - I will keep that in mind, we discussed going to SP3 in a couple weeks so we can run Nav nativity on Win 7 instead of in PNA or Virtual XP, plus we were told it is an easier jump to Nav 2009.

Thanks again
    Of course, you can do the technical upgrade directly to NAV 2009 R2, it will much better than only to NAV 4.0SP3...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Sounds good, Thank you
    With all said and done - I consider this closed - Thank you for the input Kine