Options

NAV crash when run report

johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
edited 2011-06-16 in NAV Three Tier
Dear all,

In 3-tier architecture NAV 2009 R2 Build 32074, when I import my report in live environment and run it, NAV crash and stop working then NAV is closed. In testing environment, run that report is fine. It so confusing. Why this is happen? What should I do? My report have section & layout & coding with SKIP function. Please help.. thanks..
Best regards,

Johanna

Answers

• Options
    Hi Mohana,

First, that report already exist in live environment. Then, I try to import the new version of that report but NAV crash and it is closed. Because of that, I delete that report. When I import that report again, it was successfully. But, when I tried to compile or run this report, NAV also crash and closed. Please help. Thank you.
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Does the "new version" have some automation that isn't registered on the live server?
  • Options
    Hi Savatage,

No, I don't use any automation in my report.. In the testing environment, the report can run successfully.. :(
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • Options
    TheDoubleHTheDoubleH Member Posts: 67
    Have you tried to compare objects in your Live database versus the Test database.

I wonder if there are fields added in test that haven't been added to the Live database yet? or maybe you are using a function from a table or codeunit that does not exist?

do you get an error message at all?
    Kind Regards

Henrik Helgesen,
    President | Helgesen Consulting
    about.me | LinkedIN
  • Options
    Hi Henrik,

I just import the same object from testing to live.
    This is so strange! I don't know and want to know the cause of this error.
    But, now the report can run successfully after restart the service. Thanks all :)
    Best regards,

Johanna