Return Order doesn't eliminate a Service Item Article

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
Hello,

we are testing some functionalities on NAV 5.0.

We have done a Sales Order, posted it to Sales Shipment and then Invoiced it having an item of type service item that created automatically a new S/N Service Item in Service Item table.

If we want to make a Return Order for the Sales Shipment and then a Credit Note for the invoice, the material returns correctly in Warehouse but the line in Service Item table remains present and associated to the original customer.

If we create another sales order for another customer and same article and poste the sales shipment another line in Service Item table is created duplicating the same serial no. for old and new customer -> not good.

I think that when registering the return order the line should be deleted by Service Item table.

If the material is not invoiced we can go on Sales Shipment, choose the line and then button fuctions-> undo shipment and then the system asks me if I want to delete Service Item and this is the correct way.
But if the materials is invoiced or drop shipment we have to use Return Orders that asks/do nothing in table Service Item and for me it is a bug.

I ask you if you have a solution for that, it is a bug or there is a work around.

Thank you