Options

Database Version for Mexico, Chile and Columbia

navmukeshnavmukesh Member Posts: 12
edited 2011-06-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

One of my existing customer is looking forward to implement Navision for its offices in Mexico, Chile and Columbia.

I would need suggestion as which version would be suitable for these countries. Will W1 version would suffice their requirement with the lanuage packs available?

Regards,

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    There are a couple of localization that you need to implement. MS does not provide localizations for south America. Why? Because they want to sell AX instead. Anyways local partners have made localizations that you'll need to merge into W1 and load the language pack. You could also go with NA version (north american) which has MX localizations and language pack already.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    navmukeshnavmukesh Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

That means there are two approaches -
    1. Going with W1 version
    This already have language pack but would require the localization features to be merged for all the countries.

1. Going with NA version
    This already have Maxicun localization but would require the localization features to be merged for the Chile and Colombia and would also require the language packs.

Regards,
    Mukesh Verma

Am I correct in understanding that I can go head with Implementing the NA Database for all these countries. For Maxico, we already have the localization pack available but for
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    No.

1. W1 does not have language pack and you'll need to load either ESM (spanish mexican) or EST (spanish traditional)
    Then load the localizations.

2. It has already ESM language pack. You'll need to load colombian/Chile localizations.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n