Options

Report problems....

AngeloAngelo Member Posts: 180
I have a report and the header has very long size horizontal. When I print or preview, it will NOT show all header (truncate).

Is possible that Navision handle it? when truncated, it will continue print header on next page without changing paper size when I print it? :-k

please help me soon....

Comments

• Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    I think you will need to the your PRINTER settings to Landscape. Even when only printing a preview.

I know, this is not handy. But just create a new windows printer, set it to landscape, make it your default printer and you will see Navision shows you the complete report.

Maybe you the report property "Orientation" in Navision does the job.
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Options
    In my report,horizontally is filled warehouse location, in the future, warehouse location will grow up so the paper will not enough in the future.
    I will illustrate it like this :

Item No odiva magix knight ... ... ... ... ... -->warehouse location
    1111 0 5 0 --> sum of item

(Like matrix form Item by location)

I think orientation not help so much for the future. My client use LX2180 printer,paper : US STD PANFOLD and dont want to change the paper. They said that in their old system ( SAP ), if horizontally not enaugh, it will print on new page. Is Navision can do this too????

Please help me........
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Angelo wrote:
    I think orientation not help so much for the future. My client use LX2180 printer,paper : US STD PANFOLD and dont want to change the paper. They said that in their old system ( SAP ), if horizontally not enaugh, it will print on new page. .....

While I was reading this...you mention "for the future" and "they don't want to change"

Maybe you can use this exact point to start them thinking about change.

..Just a thought
  • Options
    Point of my question is : Is possible that Navision can print header on New page if not enough on first page?

:-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    May be you can experiment a bit with saving to HTML? Does it export everything then?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    bobbySrivastavabobbySrivastava Member Posts: 30
    I dont think you can do that.
    The only way I would do it to export to excel and call print command from there.