Options

specific user can see factbox..others can't.how to do that?

julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,073
edited 2011-06-08 in NAV Three Tier
hi all
can we set for user can and cannot see the factbox in customer card?
for example user A, can open customer card but cannot see the factbox at the right side
but user B, can open customer card but can see the factbox at the right side
does nav provide that?
or we must customize?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    I tried to do something similar but with no success.
    Set a boolean (true or false according to a particular test) as value of property visible, but seems that factboxes are invulnerable to it.
    In addiction to it, if you set visible to false the factbox is hidden but if user do "Customize this Page" could show all the factbox he want.
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    if it's user related, you can use permission: i don't remember if it's factbox page or factbox's table permission, but one of those 2 will allow the user to open a page and see an error in the factbox (the container page is not closed, it's just the factbox that shows a permission error text instead of its data).
    when a user see that he has not permission for the factbox, he can hide it forever ;)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    You will have do some RnD.

1. Remove the SubFormLink from Customer Card attached in the Customer FactBox.
    2. Write code under OnAfterGetRecord() trigger in the Customer Factbox page to set the customer (i.e Same as set in SubFormLink Property for FactBox in Customer Card) which would trigger for the user you want only.

Example

If User=A then
    FactBoxCustomer.Setrange(FactBoxCustomer.No,CustomerCard.No);

Hope this would work.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You can just not give permission to that Page object in standard NAV permissions. There is no development needed.