Options

Synching the data between Dynamics Navision 2009 and the SQL

usha2009usha2009 Member Posts: 11
edited 2011-06-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi

I am new to Dynamics NAV 2009. In our project we have got a task to Synchronize the data from the NAV 2009 database to SQL server 2008 database.

Could you please let me know the process and steps involved here.

Could you please provide me some good links regarding this topic or any suggestions for me. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Usha.

Comments

• Options
    ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Can you explain this task in more detail? Do you want to sychronize two sql databases? (between Navision sql db and an other system's sql db)
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • Options
    Can you explain this task in more detail? Do you want to sychronize two sql databases? (between Navision sql db and an other system's sql db)

Hi Ufuk,

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are correct I want to synchronize the data between Navision sql db and into another sql db may be in the same server or different server. Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,
    Usha.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Why? For what purpose?

Are you looking to sync the entire database? Or just selected parts? Does the sync'd copy need to be read/write or read-only? What is acceptable latency of the sync'd copy?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Hi Ufuk,

Thanks for your reply. We need to synch the data from Nav 2009, one table to one table in SQL server. We do not need to synchronise the entire database.

The requirement is that we have a Dealers table (it is an ecommerce application database) in Nav 2009 and we will create an exactly same Dealer table structure in our another Sql database and need to synch the data from Nav table to SQL Dealer table. We need to create a search component in .net langugae to search Dealer table in the SQL database. Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,
    Usha.