NAVISION TWO WAY REPLICATION

bharethbhareth Member Posts: 55
Hi folks ,

I need some suggestions form you for the below scenario.

1)Our client has a Corporate office which has Navision application running independently.(Navision version 2009 ,SQL SERVER 2005 SP3) .

2)Its also has a lot of branches running Navision application independently.(Navision version 2009 ,SQL SERVER 2005 SP3) .

All branches and Corporate office are connected by leased line .Now we are in process of creating a LC module were Corporate office get the LC from bank and allocate certain limit to its branches .

Client requirement is once they create the LC card and its allocation to branches on Corporate office Navision application ,System should have to facility create a LC card on the corresponding branches ,based on the allocated amount defined by Corporate office.
Similarly the LC utilized amount on the branches should reflect to the corporate office on any given date .

What is the best way to achieve this scenario and the two way replication should happen without manual intervention ?

Ex:

LC Limit LC Utilized Reamining LC
COR 3000 1500 1500

Detailed LC Entries at corporate

Branch 1 1000 500 500
Branch 2 2000 1000 1000

LC Limit LC Utilized Rea mining LC
Branch 1 1000 500 500

LC Limit LC Utilized Reamining LC
Branch 2 2000 1000 1000

Comments

• dayakardayakar Member Posts: 68
    you need to develop the solution which will transfer the desired columns from branches to HO or from HO to Branches by means of using flat files and using NAS to syncronize periodically.
  • rmv_RUrmv_RU Member Posts: 119
    In my implementation, I have divided such task into 2 parts.
    1. Format of exchange. I have used two ways:
    XML. By using a few setup tables or specialized for each document function i build XML document, that contains a all necessary information. For example, when i send Sales Header record the XML file contains sales lines, item, customer and other master and subsidary records.
    Exhange Company. Also, by using a few setup tables or or specialized for each document function i transfer records into specialized (only for exhange) company.
    2. Transport level. There are many ways to transfer data between databases. I have used Merge SQL Replication to transfer data between exchange companies, ADO functionality to transfer data between databases directly (in case when it don't need to create package to send), web-services to transfer XML data.
    In your case, I think XML is better format of exchange and web-services is better way to transfer data.
    Looking for part-time work.
    Nav, T-SQL.