Options

RTC

VSubaVSuba Member Posts: 28
edited 2011-06-13 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have designed the report in navision and created the layout for it, asusual.

In Request form, i have kept the option field say radio button control and assigned the variable as ReportType, where it has options Detail,Summary. Based on that grouping has been done and displayed based on the user input. In report it is working fine. But in RTC it is not working.

Another problem is user defined variables like record.get() or code written with record.setrange() etc datas also not displaying in RTC...

Can anyone help me out... Also it would be greatful if i can get any document for the same.

Thanks in advance...
Thanks & Regards...
Suba

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    your post is quite hard to understand :?
    first of all, some terminology :
    -request form: is only shown in the classic client and it shows some controls for user input
    -request page: same as request form, but is only shown in Role tailored client
    -classic layout: layout defined for the classic client: "old style" we can say
    -rdlc layout: layout defined through Visual studio (or visual web developer) used by the role tailored client

from what i've understood, you've converted classic layout to rdlc layout: how?did you do a simple "create layout suggestion"?if so, it's not enough, you have to adjust the layout manually in visual studio

you didn't talk about request form to page conversion. Did you do it as well?
    Another problem is user defined variables like record.get() or code written with record.setrange() etc datas also not displaying in RTC
    explain this sentence better, please..i don't get it :-k but i can guess that you've some code under sections and it is not executed. If so, you've to move that code in the dataitems (onaftergetrecord, for example)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    VSubaVSuba Member Posts: 28
    Hi Belias,

Thanks for your reply. Your understanding is exactly correct.

It would be better if you have any manual for doing this RDLC report.
    Thanks & Regards...
    Suba
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog