SQL Server Login does not exist

ShinisShinis Member Posts: 38
Hi,

One of my customer using Navision version 5 SP1 and SQL Database.

Recently they uploaded a new license, and when they try to synchronize all, they face the issue "The Microsoft Dynamics NAV and SQL Server security systems have not been synchronised successfully. The SQL Server login XXXX does not exist on the XXXXXXX server.

When i login to their database and tried synchronize single logins one by one, I don’t face any issue even for the login i faced issue when i do synchronize all.

Kindly advise if you have any solutions for this.

Thanks,
Shinis

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    We never use extended security model, thus no problem... But I think that I noticed similar problem when using NAV 4.00 before the standard sec. model was re-introduced.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • nickadriannickadrian Member Posts: 7
    That xxxx user might exist on the Member Of Table. Try checking it out.
  • MariaMaria Member Posts: 3
    Shinis wrote:
    Hi,

One of my customer using Navision version 5 SP1 and SQL Database.

Recently they uploaded a new license, and when they try to synchronize all, they face the issue "The Microsoft Dynamics NAV and SQL Server security systems have not been synchronised successfully. The SQL Server login XXXX does not exist on the XXXXXXX server.

When i login to their database and tried synchronize single logins one by one, I don’t face any issue even for the login i faced issue when i do synchronize all.

Kindly advise if you have any solutions for this.

Thanks,
    Shinis
    =D>
  • ShinisShinis Member Posts: 38
    Hi,

the user is there for a quite long time, and he is able to access navision without any problem. The user id is same in Navision and SQL. I face the issue for that login only when i do Synchronize - All. If do Synchronize - Single Login for the same user, I don't face any issue. #-o
  • manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    And which login you are using to Synchronize -All option (i.e SA or Others).
    Regards,
    Manish
    Hi Manish,

The login I used doesn't have db owner permission. So only the error occured. Problem resolved. Thanks.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Shinis wrote:
    Hi Manish,

The login I used doesn't have db owner permission. So only the error occured. Problem resolved. Thanks.

How did you solve the problem?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    Hi,

Synchronizing the logins with the user id having a db-owner permision for the database, would solve the problem.